Assessing Systems Thinking and Complexity in Science is a 2010 report from SRI International that provides guidance in considering how to effectively assess systems thinking on large scale state assessments. The report provides:
– a concise overview of systems thinking and complexity
– a review of literature on systems thinking and complexity
– A helpful table of Systems Thinking Competencies
– Overview of evidence-centered approach to assessment design.
– Design pattern for systems thinking an complexity. This is a great resource not only for building large scale assessments but also for building classroom assessments. Click HERE to see the Design Pattern for Systems Thinking and Complexity.
This report seems most appropriate for anyone looking to increase their understanding of systems thinking, large scale assessment, or design patterns.