Pacific Education Institute (PEI) provides many FREE resources to support K-12 teachers in getting students learning outdoors. One of my favorite PEI resources is the Designing High Impact Field Experiences guide. This guide provides tools and resources to guarantee that a “field trip” can become a powerful learning experience for students.
The guide provides the following resources:
- Tools for planning learning goals and activities
- Recommendations for building partnerships
- tools for visiting the field experience site
- Resources for building “bookend lessons”… lessons before, during, and after the experience
- Templates and examples of field journals
- Tools for planning logistics of materials, chaperones, and student safety
- Resources for evaluating a field experience
To download a FREE pdf of Designing High Impact Field Experiences… click HERE and then complete the information. This is a valuable resource for guiding any successful outdoor learning experience.