Pacific Education Institute has done it again! They have created yet another wonderful resource for science educators- The Project-Based Learning Model: Relevant Learning for the 21st Century. This document provides resources and examples for an 8 Step model for how to conduct project-based learning. The steps include:
- Describe the ecosystem
- Determine and define the problem
- Research the problem
- Stakeholder description
- Propose possible solutions
- Develop a plan: Identify, Plan, and Reflect on your project
- Implement the plan
- Summarize, Evaluate, and Reflect
Some things I really appreciate about this model are:
– based in life science context… seems like many PBL resources are set in a physical science context
– based on the practices from the new Framework for K-12 Science Education
– FREE and easy to download!
– The bibliography, glossary, and appendices are very helpful
– seems to align nicely with the 7 Essentials for Project-Based Learning from Educational Leadership 2010
I’m interested to hear what others think of this resource.
Thanks for the resource Kirk!