If you have taken the time to read the entire Framework for K-12 Science Education.. then you should be congratulated. However, there are probably many science education stakeholders who would like a Cliff Notes version or a process for digging into the massive document.
Luckily, the brilliant and talented Kim Klinke at the Center for Inquiry Science has created a set of tools that are EXCELLENT for making sense of the document. These tools would be perfect for a session of professional development, working with science education stakeholders, or even for your own independent study of the Framework.
The materials include:
– A Cheat Sheet that provides a clear and concise overview of the framework plus some reflection/planning space Framework Summary
– Physical Science Overview Physical Science Index
– Life Science Overview Life Science Index
– Earth/Space Overview Earth and Space Science Index
– An exploratory activity for digging into 3 themes in the framework document.. could be used for a jigsaw activity Exploratory Activity
– You will probably want a copy of the framework document as well.
Awesome resources. Thank you Kim for creating and sharing and thank you Kirk for sharing.