Two years ago, on July 10, 2009- I wrote my first post to the Science for All blog. My initial goal was to just learn about WordPress.com and immerse myself in the world of blogging… and to see if a blog could be an effective way to share science education resources.
During these two years I’ve had some successes:
- over 100,000 hits
- mentions in a couple of important science education periodicals and websites
- connections with science educators around the country (and world)
- feedback from science educators that this resource is useful and appreciated
- getting science educators in my own region to access and use the resource
- finding my own voice and purpose of the blog
- wresting with whether to keep the blog purely as a place for sharing resources or also as a place to express opinions, advocate, and stimulate conversations about science instruction
- many of the posts/resources that I find to be the most “transformative” are not the posts that get the most “hits”
- how do I keep making the time to contribute?
- how to write posts that welcome conversations, interactions, and collaboration?