If you are someone who follows this blog then you most likely are already a fan of the brilliant STEM Teaching Tools site. If it’s been awhile since you’ve visited stemteachingtools.org then I highly recommend heading there now. The last several Practice Briefs are powerful (not that the previous ones were not) and tackle some important topics in equity-focused science instruction. Here are a few of my favorites to get you started:
- Building Family-Centered Models for Science Education through Learning in Places
- How do we present gender, sex, and sexuality as part of inclusive and accurate science teaching?
- How can we confront and dismantle systemic racism through science learning?
- Let’s Talk Climate! Bridging Climate Justice Learning and Action Across School, Home, and Community
- Steps to Designing Justice-Focused Assessments in Science