The presentation is a clear 20 minute overview of the Three Dimensions of the Next Generation Science Standards from a contributing author of the Framework for K-12 Science Education. This could be a great addition to your summer reading (watching) list. I recommend spending some extra time thinking about the slides at:
- 9:07 (2 major goals of Framework)
- 9:40 (Attending to Diversity and Equity)
- 13:00 (Why Focus on Disciplinary Practices?)
- 17:17 (Cascade of Practices)
- 19:10 (Synergy across Standards)
- 19:40 (What you can do to support implementation)
Click HERE if you cannot see the embedded video below.