- A grade for each state’s science standards- 2005 and 2012
- A list of 4 Problems with State Science Standards: An undermining of evolution; A propensity to be vague; Poor integration of scientific inquiry; and a lack of focus on mathematics
- Report Cards for each state science standards based on A. Content and Rigor B. Clarity and Specificity
- Appendices: Methods, Criteria, and Grading Metric and Detailed Grades
Skimming this document- I have the following questions:
– How do the authors see the Next Generation Science Standards playing a role to remedy some of the identified problems and variances between state science standards?
– How do state leaders feel about their grades?
– Does this report lend support to the Next Generation Science Standards effort?
– What other issues exist in science education that may be impacting student achievement in science? Or is it all about finding the perfect set of standards?
Click HERE to download the entire report or individual sections.