The Center for Inquiry Science (here in Seattle, WA) has a wonderful resource for supporting community understanding of effective science instruction and instructional materials- Celebrating Science: A Family Science Project. The guide provides tools and resources for:
- Communicating and building support for inquiry-based science education programs
- Encouraging family engagement in such programs; and ultimately
- Celebrating student involvement and achievement in science
You may also enjoy Celebrating Science At Home and At Work. This site provides (in both English and Spanish):
1. individual grade level guides for parents and caregivers to support elementary learners to develop as scientific thinkers.
2. short profiles of real scientists so that learners can develop a genuine understanding of scientists and their work.