The USGS has assembled a collection of resources for teaching elementary students about the science of earthquakes.
The site provides:
- a link to the most recent earthquake activity
- a variety of puzzles, games, & quizzes
- animations for earthquake terms & concepts
- description of a geophysicist
- an interface to ask questions of a geologist
- lots more to discover
Applications for Science Teachers: This is a site that all elementary and middle school teachers of Earth science should add to their bookmarks. The site is also great for supporting all elementary teachers as they encounter earthquake and other Earth science concepts in their reading instructional materials.
earth quake is a recent disaster that happened almost all over the world and is necessary for kids to know about it