Geology.com (not surprisingly) has a wealth of information on geology and Earth Science. You will find multiple maps, articles, news stories, satellite images, and more.
The Teacher Resources page contains:
- Teaching Plate Tectonics with Easy to Draw Illustrations
- USGS Educational Resources
- Rocks and Minerals
- Geological Society of America K-12 Resources
- Resources for Earth Science and Geography Instruction
- Too many more to list here- Please explore
Applications for Science Teachers: In Washington State, our K-12 Science Standards have three Big Ideas in Earth Science that are present in every grade band. This site provides a thorough set of resources for a teacher or PLC of teachers looking to improve their understanding of Earth Science concepts.
Rock Hounds– a great elementary level Earth Science resource