Design Squad is a wonderful show on PBS and the website has great resources for supporting learning in design, invention, and engineering.
- view clips from the show- see one embedded below
- play interactive games with a design focus
- make a WISH or SKETCH to share with others
- follow directions to build a project like a Rubber Band Car or a Watercraft
The Parents & Educators page has TONS of great stuff:
- 15 engineering challenges
- a Teacher Guide for Middle School STEM teachers
- an Invent Guide to guide instruction on invention
- and LOTS more
Applications for Science Teachers: This site provides support for teaching the design process and application standards. The resources seem to be targeted to middle school age students- but I think that upper elementary teachers will find ideas and support here.
Click HERE to watch Design Squad episodes!