We know that we need to consider student preconceptions and misconceptions as we are teaching science concepts. So what are some resources for knowing what students may (or may not be) thinking? Try these for starters…
1. FREE- The Science Benchmarks Online- The Research Base Scroll to the bottom of the page for misconceptions by science domain.
2. FREE- Physical science misconceptions site
3. MOSART– Science misconception assessments by content and grade bands. You need to sign up and do a short video tutorial before being able to access the assessments on pdf.
4. Not Free- Making Sense of Secondary Science by Rosalind Driver. Check out the preview on Google Books.
5. Minds of Our Own on learner.org- lots of other great video of learners struggling to understand science concepts.