K-8 teachers of science in Washington state may be interested in a FREE online workshop I created using Udemy.com as a platform.
The workshop is titled- From Systems, Inquiry, & Application to the NGSS. The goals of the workshop are for participants to:
- gain a deeper understanding of Systems, Inquiry, and Application in the WA Science Learning Standards
- gain an awareness of the 3 dimensions of the Next Generation Science Standards (Practices of Science & Engineering, Crosscutting Concepts, & Disciplinary Core Ideas)
- gain multiple tools and resources for teaching students about Systems, Inquiry, & Application with connections to NGSS (Systems Handbook, Application Handbook, and lessons based on narrative text)
The workshop is:
- Asynchronous- (You attend when you want and engage with materials in the order you want)
- Based on a series of mostly short video “lectures” where participants engage with articles, videos, links, and make sense of the materials
- and it’s FREE
A. I view this as a pilot and would love feedback from participants on what worked for your learning and what could be improved. I hope to create future courses with a better production value.
B. This workshop has an intentional focus on the Washington Science Learning Standards. Participants looking for a workshop with a sole focus on the NGSS should look elsewhere.
Click HERE to access the course. Enjoy!